We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
Holiday Rice Krispy Treats
We made these yummy rice krispy treats today in preparation for the upcoming holidays. This was the first time I’ve made rice krispy treats and I have to say, they turned out great! This holiday rice krispy treats recipe is simple to make and kids will love stirring the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixture!
This recipe is part of a holiday treat exchange hosted by Playdough and Popsicles. Scroll to the bottom of the post and click the treats exchange image for more holiday treat recipes.
- 2 7oz jars Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- 3 T butter
- 5-6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
- Green food coloring
- Starburst candy
- Sauce pan
- Measuring cups/measuring spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Christmas tree cookie cutter shape
- Aluminum foil
- Melt the butter over medium heat in the saucepan. Stir in 1 1/2 jars of the marshmallow creme. Continue stirring until melted.
- Stir in several drops of green food coloring until you reach your desired shade of green.
- Stir in the rice krispies, coating with the marshmallow mixture. If you’re having a child help with this part be sure to transfer the melted marshmallow mixture to a bowl away from the heat before adding the rice krispies for stirring.
- Pour the mixture onto a flat piece of aluminum foil (or baking paper) and place a second piece on top. Use a rolling pin or cup to flatten the rice krispy mixture to about 1/2″ thick.
- Press the cookie cutter into the rice krispies to cut out the tree shapes.
- Unwrap the squares of Starburst candy. Break a small piece off of the square and roll into a small ball. Press on the rice krispy treat Christmas trees to decorate. We used yellow and red candy.
More Holiday Treat Recipes