Handy Hints with Hefty Slider Bags-Leaf Art
We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
Marbled Leaf Art Activity Using Hefty Slider Bags
It’s time for another fall leaf activity! We’ve been making marbled paint leaf art inside Hefty® Slider Bags in our homeschool preschool this week to go along with our printable leaf learning pack. This art activity is a fun way to teach color recognition for secondary colors. Secondary colors include green, orange and purple. We left the purple out of our leaf art but you can add it in for a spooky Halloween look!
I shopped Hefty® Slider Bags at Walmart for our art supplies. I knew my two little ones would be squishing the paint around so I needed something that wouldn’t leak. I’ve delt with zipper bags leaking after the seal broke and this wasn’t an art activity where I wanted to deal with a paint mess!
How Do Hefty® Slider Bags Compare To Other Brands?
Hefty® Slider Bags cost less than Ziploc® Slider bags, when comparing the same type of bag (freezer/storage) and size (quart/gallon) at the closest price point. And I have even more savings for you! Use this link to earn $1 when shopping Hefty® Slider Bags.
Marbled Paint Leaf Art
Our marbled paint leaf art activity was a fun way for kids to feel like they’re making a mess when they weren’t! They squished the paint around, scrunched the bags, and blended the colors for a unique look to every leaf.
- Hefty® Slider Bags
- Paint in fall colors. We used yellow, brown, green and orange.
- Leaf Template
- Heavy paper
- Use a leaf template to cut a leaf shape from a piece of heavy paper.
- Add a tablespoon of each paint color into your Hefty® Slider Bag and place the paper leaf in last. Seal the bag closed with the slider.
- Kids can use their hands on the outside of the bag to blend the paint colors and paint the leaf inside the bag.
- Carefully take the paper leaf out of the bag and place on a drying rack or hang to dry.