We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
The holiday season is my favorite time of the year. Is there anything better than snuggling up by the fire with your little ones, sipping hot cocoa, and getting lost in the world of Christmas stories?
That’s why I set out to find the best Christmas board books for kids in 2024 to create unforgettable memories with my own family and help you do the same.
Best Christmas board books for kids
Christmas is a time of joy, love, and giving. It’s a time when families come together and create memories that last a lifetime.
One of the most cherished traditions during the holiday season is reading Christmas stories with loved ones.
Board books are a great way to introduce young children to the magic of Christmas. They are sturdy, easy to handle, and can withstand the rough handling of little hands.
When it comes to choosing the best Christmas board books, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Illustrations should be bright, colorful, and engaging
- The text should be simple and easy to understand for young children
- The story should be fun, heartwarming, and capture the spirit of Christmas
So let’s dive into my list of the top 10 Christmas board books for kids in 2024
Best Christmas Board Books
If you’re looking for a heartwarming Christmas board book for your little one, Bear Stays Up for Christmas is a great choice.
- The story is engaging and well-written, with beautiful illustrations that capture the holiday spirit.
- The book is made of sturdy board material, perfect for little hands to hold and turn the pages without causing damage.
- The book is part of a series, so if your child enjoys this one, there are more Bear books to explore!
- Some reviewers noted that the hardback version is quite small in size, which may affect the overall charm of the story.
- A few reviewers found the book to be too short, wishing there was more to the story.
- While the book is suitable for children up to age 5, some parents found that it was best enjoyed by younger children.
This book tells the story of Bear and his friends as they prepare for Christmas, with Bear determined to stay up for the holiday festivities. The rhyming text and colorful illustrations make for an enjoyable read, and the message of friendship and togetherness is perfect for the holiday season.
if you’re looking for a sweet and festive Christmas board book for your child, Bear Stays Up for Christmas is a great choice. Its sturdy board material and engaging story make it a great addition to your child’s library, and the beautiful illustrations are sure to capture their imagination.
If you’re looking for a cute and interactive Christmas board book for your little one, A Little Reindeer is definitely worth considering.
- The reindeer shape of the book is adorable and engaging for young children.
- The illustrations are bright and colorful, making it visually appealing for kids.
- The thick board pages are sturdy and durable, perfect for little hands to turn.
- The book is quite short with only 10 pages, so it may not keep your child entertained for very long.
- The story is very simple and may not be as engaging for older children or those looking for a more complex Christmas tale.
- The book is only available in English, so it may not be suitable for non-English speaking families.
A Little Reindeer is a great option for parents looking for a cute and festive board book to read with their young children during the holiday season.
The reindeer shape and colorful illustrations are sure to capture your child’s attention, and the sturdy board pages ensure that the book will last for many Christmases to come. However, if you’re looking for a longer or more complex story, this book may not be the best choice.
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging Christmas board book for your little one, Christmas with Peppa (Peppa Pig) is a great option.
- The book features characters that kids love from the Peppa Pig series.
- The book is made of durable board material that can withstand heavy use.
- The book is a great way to introduce young children to the concept of Christmas.
- The book is only 16 pages long, so it may not keep your child’s attention for long periods of time.
- The book is geared towards preschool and kindergarten-aged children, so older children may not find it as engaging.
- The book is part of a series, so if your child is not already familiar with Peppa Pig, they may not understand the characters.
This board book follows Peppa Pig and her family as they prepare for Christmas. The book features colorful illustrations and simple text that is easy for young children to understand. The durable board material ensures that the book can withstand heavy use and will last for years to come.
Overall, Christmas with Peppa (Peppa Pig) is a great addition to any child’s Christmas book collection. The book is fun, engaging, and educational, making it a great gift for young children.
If you’re looking for a fun and festive Christmas board book for your little one, then Moo, Baa, Fa La La La La! by Sandra Boynton is a great option.
- This book has engaging illustrations that capture the attention of young children.
- The storyline is fun and interactive storyline that encourages participation.
- It’s very well made and will be able to withstand a lot of handling by the youngest book lovers.
- It may be too short to hold the attention of older siblings.
- While it’s holiday themed, it’s not a traditional Christmas tale so it may not be exactly what you’re looking for.
- If your child is learning to read, the limited text may not be the ideal fit.
Moo, Baa, Fa La La La La! is a delightful board book that features the familiar animal sounds from Boynton’s classic book, Moo, Baa, La La La. The book follows the same format as the original, but with a festive twist. The illustrations are bright and engaging, and the text is simple and easy to follow.
One of the best things about this book is its interactive nature. Children will love making the animal sounds along with the characters in the book, and the repetition of the sounds will help reinforce language skills.
The sturdy board book construction is also a plus, as it can withstand the rough handling that often comes with young children.
However, the book’s short length may not hold the attention of older children, and the limited Christmas theme may not be the best option for those looking for a more traditional holiday book.
Additionally, the limited text may not be as engaging for children who are learning to read.
If you’re looking for a heartwarming and hilarious Christmas book for kids, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is a great choice.
- Funny and heartwarming, this is a story that kids and adults will love!
- It’s a tale that teaches important lessons about kindness and empathy.
- Short and easy to read, perfect for reading aloud with family.
- Some readers may find the humor a bit too irreverent for a Christmas story.
- The story is a bit dated, so some of the references may not resonate with younger readers.
- The book is part of a series, so readers who enjoy it may feel compelled to read the other books as well.
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever tells the story of the Herdmans, a group of unruly siblings who take over the annual Christmas pageant at their local church. Despite their bad behavior, the Herdmans end up teaching the rest of the community some important lessons about the true meaning of Christmas.
My Kid’s Favorites
Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse
I’ll never forget the first time I read “Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse” to my little one. We both couldn’t help but giggle at the antics of the adorable mouse protagonist as he learns the true meaning of Christmas.
Between the hidden pictures and delightful rhymes, this books is destined to be a favorite for years to come.
Helpful Tip: Add this book to your child’s Advent calendar as a special Christmas surprise.
If you’ve always smiled at a ‘Charlie Brown tree’ with compassion and a warm heart, the tale of “Christmas Trees, Really Can Whisper: Charlie’s Christmas Wish” will delight you and your family.
This is a story that reminds you to look past what others see and to appreciate the joy, wonder, and spirit of Christmas.
This interactive and engaging book is perfect for curious little hands. In “Santa’s Little Helpers“, kids not only get to meet all of Santa’s elves, but they also get to explore behind the flaps – discovering hidden surprises like shiny presents, tangled fairy lights, and giggling reindeer. My kiddo absolutely adores searching for surprises on every page!
“Can you find it!?” this is the question my little one excitedly asked me the moment we opened “The Very Hungry Caterpillar’s Snowy Hide & Seek: A Finger Trail Lift-the-Flap Book“.
This seek-and-find, lift the flap Christmas board book had us both totally hooked, and we’ve spent countless evenings warmed by the fire, searching for Eric Carle’s delightful characters.
The illustrations are delightful and the story is even better! “Humphrey’s First Christmas” is about learning what matters and how to give it.
Humphrey joins the Wise Men on their journey and gets to meet the Baby Jesus, learning the real meaning of Christmas.
More Fun Christmas Reads – And A Fun Advent Tradition
If your kids are really into Christmas books, you may be looking to round out your collection have 25-30 books to read each year at this holiday time.
We love starting Thanksgiving night and reading a new book every night until Christmas. It’s taken us several years to get as many books as we have (and we still get a new one each year!), so don’t feel like you have to get them all at once. Because you’re only reading them once a year, it’s okay to read them 2-3 time before the holiday.
Check out these children’s books about elves and these fun books for kids about reindeer for more literary treats this winter season!