Kid Friendly Green Drink Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day
We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
Green Milkshake Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day
How about surprising your family with green milkshakes for St. Patrick’s Day?
Each year we celebrate by wearing green and orange and waking up to see what the sneaky leprechaun has gotten into while we were sleeping.
He hides chocolate coins around the house for the kids to find and leaves a trail of mischief along the way (and, of course, we’ve laid our leprechaun traps!). Sometimes we find that he’s out-smarted our leprechaun trap, colored the gallon of milk in the refridgerator green, or added gold glitter to our tabletops.
Our morning fun ends when we start schoolwork but that doesn’t mean we can’t add an extra treat later in the day! This yummy green milkshake recipe makes a perfect treat on a hot afternoon or while cozying up by a fire on a cold evening. It’s not everyday my kids get to drink something green so they’re both grossed out and excited when I surprise them with green St. Patrick’s day drinks.
You can find the recipe below to make your own green drinks for St. Patrick’s Day. Keep scrolling to find a link to delicious green hot chocolate too!
Serves – 2
- 2 cups of Vanilla Ice-cream
- 1 cup of Whole Milk or Half and half for a richer taste
- ¼ teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- Few drops of Green Food Color
- ¼ cup of Whipped Topping like Cool Whip (optional)
- Sprinkles, Green Sanding Sugar, Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- In a blender, combine, ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and few drops of food coloring.
- Blend together at high-speed until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake in two glasses.
- Top each glass with a couple of tablespoons of whipped topping (optional)
- Decorate with green and white sprinkles, green sanding sugar or Maraschino cherries (optional).
- The amount of food coloring is a personal choice. For the cool minty green color in the photos, I added 5 drops of green food color.
Green Hot Chocolate
I also have a fun green hot chocolate recipe that was originally meant for Halloween but swap out the sprinkles and you have a warm green drink recipe for St. Paddy’s Day!
Green Hot Chocolate Recipe
Or, if you prefer to purchase them for only $1 instead of joining our email list, you can do so in our shop (and check out our other awesome printables for your kids while you’re there!)