We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
Doing arts and crafts with kids is a great way for them to learn. But where do you start? What do you have on hand? Here’s a list of 100 awesome art supplies for preschool and kindergarten aged children, so you can craft to your heart’s content.
Arts and crafts help children express their creativity, problem solve, hone fine motor skills…and have fun. Doing crafts with your kids? A priceless way to create memories, strengthen bonds, and have lots of interesting conversations over sticky fingers, glittery messes, and unique creations.
When I was homeschooling my preschooler my favorite subject to teach was art and it’s still a favorite along with language arts. I’msure you’ve guessed that because the majority of my posts here are about book lists for kids and crafts for kids. I love helping kids be creative and embracing the magic that’s in books.
But sometimes you just don’t know what to have on hand for creativity to flow. Here are 100 art supplies you may want to have in your closet, for whenever inspiration strikes the heart of your little one or you have a rainy day of crafting at the table.
100 Art Supplies for Preschool and Kindergarten Children
Paper Craft Supplies
1. Colorful Construction Paper for backgrounds, shapes cutting, and all sorts of projects.
2. Copy Paper for printing worksheets, coloring pages, and to use as drawing paper.
3. Watercolor Paper for the more serious art lessons.
4. Newspaper (or craft rolls of paper) to cover tabletops during messy projects, and for art and craft projects.
5. Contact Paper for sun catchers.
6. Tissue Paper for too many crafts to list!
7. Paper Bags
8. Index Cards for making small crafts and flash cards.
9. Scrapbook Paper for crafting.
10. Graphing Paper for counting, mosaic creation, and block coloring.
Supplies for Painting
12. Water Cups
13. Dish Cloth for cleaning brush between colors
14. Paper towels for cleaning brush between colors and clean up.
16. Finger Paints
21. Paint Tray
22. Standing Easel
23. Tabletop Easel
24. Canvas for the more serious art lessons
26. Painting Smocks
29. Paint Pens for painting rocks, wood, and other surfaces
30. Cotton Balls
31. Clothes Pins to hold the cotton balls.
32. Q Tips for dot painting
Supplies for Drawing and Coloring
35. Thick Markers
36. Thin Markers
37. Colored Pencils
40. Graphite Pencil
43. Color Crayons
45. Drawing Glove
46. Pencil Sharpener
Art Activity Books for Kids
Books about Artists and Art Technique for Younger Kids
70. Kids Art Works!
Art Supplies for Developing Fine Motor Skills
76. Pipe Cleaners
77. Hole Punch
79. Strong stretchy string for cutting and stringing beads.
Miscellaneous Art Supplies
82. Cardboard Tubes
83. Coffee Filters
87. Food Coloring
89. Glue Sticks
90. School Glue
94. Dry Erase Board
96. Chalk Board
97. Google Eyes
100. Paper Plates
Whew! That’s a lot of art supplies! There are so many more I could list, these are the ones we’ve used and enjoyed…
Looking to get started with a single kit? Try this Busy Box from ALEX Toys.