We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
These easy spicy chili keto salmon patties are a quick, simple gluten-free, low carb lunch or snack idea with a bit of spicy heat that makes them even yummier!
When you’re craving something quick and easy, these low carb salmon patties are calling your name. With a cooking time of mere minutes, you’ll be sitting at the table quickly, enjoying every single bite before you know it!
Since this simple salmon recipe isn’t loaded down with fat or carbs, you can rest easy knowing that you’re fueling your body with a healthy, and delicious, recipe that is great for lunch or dinner as well.
Don’t forget to pair it up with this Summer Corn Salad for the family to have a well-balanced and totally tasty meal and/or have some fresh veggies to keep it keto.
What really sets these keto salmon patties apart from other salmon recipes is that subtle hint of spice.
It’s not strong enough to have you rushing for the sink to drink a glass of water but it does give a nice slow burn that is actually pleasant and leaves you wanting the next bite!
Pair that heat up with some tasty tartar sauce, a sour cream and dill sauce (even tzatziki!), or even just Greek yogurt and you’ll forget all your worries and troubles for the day.
This simple salmon recipe is great for an appetizer or a meal, depending on what you feel like and what you pair them with. It’s a perfect starter dish that light, refreshing, and packed full of amazing flavors.
Ingredients For Spicy Chili Keto Salmon Patties
These simple ingredients really make the flavor pop!
- Boneless Skinless Salmon
- Diced Green Chilies (4 oz.)
- Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (for example: Rotel)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Pork Rind Crumbs (you can substitute parmesan cheese if you prefer, but you’ll need a tad bit more)
- Tarter Sauce
How to make these Spicy Chili Salmon Patties
Using a large mixing bowl, add in your pork rind crumbs, salmon, spices, Rotel, chilies, and eggs.
Make certain to mix it all together well.
Take the mixture and form into patties. The thickness might vary but try to make them about 1/2 inch thick, if possible.
If you find that your mixture isn’t really holding together because of too much moisture, add in an extra 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and mix.
Heat your skillet on medium heat and add in 1/4 inch of oil.
Add your patties and cook on each side until golden and thoroughly cooked.
Remove from skillet and top with Rotel.
Tips for Making These Low Carb Salmon Patties
These simple cooking tips will help to perfect these keto salmon patties!
How do I keep my salmon patties from falling apart?
If you notice that the salmon patties are not holding together very well once they are formed, just pop them in the fridge for 1/2 hour to an hour and that should help.
Can I make salmon patties ahead of time?
You can! You can easily make this simple salmon recipe several hours ahead of time and have them waiting in the fridge for when it’s time to cook them up. They can also be shaped and frozen for the future.
This is a great way to meal prep and get ahead of the game!
Can I freeze salmon patties before cooking?
If you decide that you want to freeze your patties to enjoy for later, you can.
If you have the time and space, it’s best to flash freeze them on a cookie sheet before putting them in bags, so they don’t stick together.
They should be fine for a few months and you can easily thaw them out when you’re ready to cook up and enjoy.
How long are cooked salmon patties good for in fridge?
As long as you eat them within three days of cooking them, they should be fine to eat.
The main thing to keep in mind when making these low carb salmon patties it to ensure that the mixture gets combined well. This is the binding agent that holds them together do this is an important step!
If you love the taste of seafood, make certain that you check out our Shrimp Tacos as well. We’ve been making this recipe for years and it’s always a huge hit!
These easy spicy chili keto salmon patties are a quick, simple low carb lunch or snack idea with a bit of spicy heat that makes them even yummier!
- (3) Medium Size cans of Boneless Skinless Salmon (7.5 oz.), drained
- 1 Small can of Diced Green Chilies (4 oz.)
- 1/2 a can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of Pork Rind Crumbs
- Tarter Sauce (for dipping)
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in your pork rind crumbs, salmon, spices, Rotel, chilies, and eggs.
- Make certain to mix it all together well.
- Take the mixture and form into patties. The thickness might vary but try to make them about 1/2 inch thick, if possible.
- If you find that your mixture isn't really holding together because of too much moisture, add in an extra 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and mix.
- Heat your skillet on medium heat and add in 1/4 inch of oil.
- Add your patties and cook on each side until golden and thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from skillet and top with Rotel.